Wednesday, July 20, 2005

sniffin' glue

I came home to a dark and empty house this evening. "Wonderful" I thought to myself with a relieved sigh - "at least now I may have some peace without those idiotic housemates running around" ....... but it wasn't to be! I hadn't reckoned with the sly tricks of Steph AKA Cra AKA Stepharoo AKA Calamity Jane!

She had left our cordless phone sitting in the middle of the hallway in what I can only imagine was some kind of fiendish booby trap! In the darkness i walked into it at full steam. A clamour like the sound of a bucket of doorknobs being emptied into an empty stairwell echoed through the hallways of BaWaWeCra. I flicked on the lights to survey the damage. Bits of electronics and circuitry were strewn across our priceless Persian rug/runner, i think I even saw sparks flying as the pitiful appliance gave up its last gasp.

Cursing old Calamity and her wiley ways I set to work to try to repair our only link to the outside world. 3 Band-Aids and a pot of Clag later and I think I have done a pretty good job, though if any of our dear readers happen to experience any interference while telecommunicating with the BaWaWeCra household, you'll know who to blame!

In other news Wa and myself have decided to realize our long held dream and learn how to speak Russian together. I think Wa has some kind of perverse fondness for the folly of the Russian race. Me on the other hand, I'm more attracted to the idea of writing bitchy notes about Matt in a foreign script - and infuriating him with unintelligble shouting at every opportunity. STAY TUNED!

2 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

i too came home to an empty bawawecra.

it stank in there. i can only assume that james did not tell us the (w)hole story.

8:55 am  
Blogger Erik said...

How I hanker for a dwelling where I have enough space to clean out my navel lint and STILL HAVE SOME FLOOR SPACE TO CLIP MY TOENAILS.
Maybe it was time anyway that you guys invested in a cheesy novelty phone, like one where mickey mouses head is the phone reciever and you lift it off the neck pedestal with its teef...

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home